The purpose of this position is to provide new product development engineering support in the area of Features, Verification and Validation (FVV). In this role, the Test Engineer provides professional expertise as a fully competent engineer within a formal engineering process to support product development deliveries and key stakeholders. During the verification and validation process, the test engineer coordinates and performs engineering tasks of varying complexity through interpretation of engineering principles, theories and concepts and clearly communicates/formally documents results and conclusions with all stakeholders.
• Product support through the planning, developing, scheduling and execution of project verification and validation engineering activities of varying scale and complexity.
• Provides technical guidance and direction to design engineers and technicians based on verification and validation expertise
• Prepares and communicates testing cost estimations for program management to secure resources by meeting with test requester, support functions, etc. to define verification and validation scope and requirements.
• Responsible for accurate application of a diversified engineering knowledge with the ability to draw, report and communicate conclusions.
• Make decisions on types of testing, specifies test procedures, instrumentation and hardware used in the testing of designs.
• Perform system functionality verification testing supporting the following core areas: Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH), Vehicles Dynamics (Handling, Braking, Ride), Dyno Testing (Cooling Performance, Heat Management, HVAC, etc.), and Fuel Economy
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering Masters preferred
- 4-6 years of Mechanical Engineering Experience
- Working knowledge of data acquisition equipment and data processing technique.
- Automotive experience a plus
Place of assignment
+1 336 582 5386